Are you wasting money on non-genuine Breezway Louvres ?
A lot of my time is taken up answering questions on louvre repairs. Questions include:
- My handle has broken can you please replace?
- Why don’t my louvres close fully?
- The plastic clip holding the glass has fallen out can you replace?
- Can you stop my louvre from leaking when raining?
The simple answer is “no, sorry we can only replace them” these louvres are such poor quality & were always destined to fail. Not only will you need to replace mechanism, the glass will have to be replaced as well.
Other comments I get are:
- The children damaged them
- I was broken into
- The tenants mistreated our louvres
- My louvres didn’t seem to work from day one
- The glass louvre blades just fell out of my window
Again the answer is these louvres are not fit for purpose. If they do survive the initial installation then fingers crossed they may last you 5 years if they are rarely used.
What are the differences between these & Beezway louvres?
- Breezway Altair use a patented rack & pinion drive. NO TINY SELF TAPPING SCREW IN THE BACK OF THIS LOUVRE. The bearing and clips pivot via T shaped operating bars that engage with the bearings through a rack and pinion mechanism. This provides distribution of load and enables a strong locking force and ability to exceed 40,000 open/close cycles. That’s three times a day for over thirty five years.
- This system can drive up to 9 blades on 1 handle. The reason why most louvres have 1 handle per maximum 5 blades is they cannot cope with anymore. These cheap systems still fail even when opeating 5.
- Altair clips are manufactured from UV stabilised polypropylene.. I have seen these over 18 years old & still in good condition. The others struggle to 5 years & corrode or crack
The clip colour is solid throughout. The Altair Louvre clips incorporate patented concealed primary and secondary drainage channels that direct the flow of any water to the outside of the building. This is a fundamental contributor to the high water performance of the Altair Louvre.
Our best advise is no matter who you purchase your louvres off ensure they are Breezway Altair.
If they don’t have one of the handles as pictured below then unfortunately you have invested into a whole lot of future trouble